Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ripple Effects ... Riley's Perspective

After writing this post I realized that we, of course, can’t forget that all of this craziness has had an effect on the pup as well. [That, and the fact these pictures were too cute not to share…]

Riley has, for quite some time, had a jealousy issue when my attention has been turned to the computer [or anything else for that matter]. Needless to say, he’s enjoyed all this time I’ve been spending away from it. The biggest reason for my computer absence has been my pain and energy level, but part of it has been accessibility as well. While it’s fantastic in theory to have the portability of a laptop, I haven’t been able to set the computer on my lap due to the pain in my legs and knees. Riley, in his jealousy, thought this was fantastic, but I [and my overflowing inbox] have been less than thrilled.

But all that’s changed since Susie found me this great lap desk that doesn’t touch any part of my legs and fits perfectly with me on the couch. So when I am awake and have a little energy, I’ve been able to get online, read some blogs and at least try to catch up on what’s been going on in the world beyond my condo.

_MG_7860

But as you can see, that leaves a bit of separation between me and the pup. It’s created a ripple effect that he’s taken serious issue with and is not afraid of letting me know it.

IMG_7866

As you all know, however, he’s a resourceful little stinker. He jumped up on the arm of the couch behind my head, climbed along the back of the couch and then settled himself across my lap… right in between me and the lap desk. Doesn’t he look like he’s about to chant, “Neener-neener-neener…”?

Ornery.

IMG_7869

Him laying across me wasn’t the best option for accessing the computer, or for my legs, so we compromised and made room for him to lay beside me. Of course, Riley using the laptop as a pillow isn’t ideal either, but I’m kind of a sucker for a cute face so I’m giving in on this one.

I think we all know the ripple effect of me giving in to him… it means that really, he won. Which means he still thinks he’s the alpha dog around here. Which means I’m pretty much doomed from here on out.

But that’s one ripple effect I’ve decided I can live with. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus