Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Peace & Quiet

It is blissfully quiet in my house. Would you like to know why?

Because this:

IMG_8122

and this:

IMG_8121

and these:

IMG_8127

and these:

IMG_8124

have all finished doing their jobs. And, oh my soul, those little green fans were LOUD… and constant… for six full days. But my walls are dry, the ceilings are dry, the carpets are dry and have been re-stretched. The fans and dehumidifiers have been removed and the carpet has been cleaned.

Ahhhh

Now I just have to wait for the carpet to dry from the cleaning, get my furniture off the styrofoam blocks, have Dawn come clean on Friday, wait for my lungs to start working again and then

LIFE SHOULD BE BACK TO NORMAL!

Well, my version of normal, anyway. But it will be my bizarre and unpredictable normal in a completely normal home. :) Funny how having my condo back to it’s previous state can feel like a Christmas present in and of itself!

The next thing I have to do is start taking down my Christmas photo cards from last year:

IMG_8152
Am I the only one who leaves them up year-round? I don’t even like removing last year’s until I have a good number to replace them with, because I hate to see my “friend door” look so incredibly bare. Maybe I’m losing it from being in isolation so long, but walking by all those smiling faces makes me feel like it hasn’t been so long since I’ve seen everyone. I’m a bit sentimental that way.

So, I’ll be saying goodbye to them:

IMG_8169 IMG_8162 IMG_8164 IMG_8167

and anxiously awaiting my [hopefully] overflowing mailbox. I’ll just let that be my open invitation for anyone to send me a photo card. You can be sure it will be appreciated all year long. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus