Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blog Peep Questions: Round 11

blog peeps logo

What do you think Riley thinks about?

Does it surprise anyone that Ed came up with this question? I didn’t think so. :)

Honestly, I think Riley has more thoughts than I even give him credit for.

_MG_4767

He is really the  most chill dog when it’s just him and me and all is well. But I so much as flinch and he is up, looking me right in the eye, surveying what needs to be done. He’s also ... how shall I say ... JEALOUS. He is chill as long as I’m not on the phone, holding Padma or typing on the keyboard.

Kid likes attention.

IMG_9470

I mean, he can be so naughty. And he gets overwhelmed easily when things get loud or little kids startle him. He marks in my kitchen [insert multiple swear words here that I say at home but not on the blog] and takes 35mg of amitriptyline a day for his nerves.

Yes, people. I was not kidding when I told you my dog is on antidepressants. It’s true. He’s on a big dose of them. And we’re not ashamed to admit it.

He’s fighting the stigma for dogs everywhere. :)

_MG_7633

But the nerves thing? That’s my fault. As I got more sick, my dog got more sensitive. I haven’t been feeling well lately, and he’s been throwing up from the stress of it. If I have a migraine for more than two days, he gets sick. When I do my breathing treatments, he hides under the couch and peeks out at me to make sure I’m ok.

He also makes me laugh a lot when he plays peek-a-boo, causes me to get up from time to time to play with him [which makes him my physical therapist], and he makes sure I’m never alone [which makes him my mental therapist]. He is next to me 24/7... if I shift, he shifts with me.

_MG_5012

I know there are people who have trained seeing eye dogs and people whose dogs predict their seizures... to me, Riley is just as specially trained. He just happened to come that way. He loves me, cuddles with me, poses for pictures and keeps me sane.

He’s my guardian angel.

_MG_7662

The kind that pees in the kitchen.

divider orange

If you have any questions you’d like me to answer... whether funny like Ed’s or something serious... ask away in the comment section. Anything goes :)

blog comments powered by Disqus