Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 33

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, August 16, 2010

8.16.10

Riley, in an effort to prove at all times that he is not actually a dog, will not play on command. He doesn’t like to fetch or do normal dog things, and tends to only use his toys as a means of getting attention. If he brings me a toy it’s so I’ll stop whatever I’m doing and throw it, but he rarely goes to get it and bring it back. Instead, he rolls onto his back so I can rub his belly.

I am incredibly well trained.

However, the toy above is one of his few exceptions. My friend Gail sent him this toy of Mr. Bill and he will, on occasion, pick it out of his toy basket for the express purpose of tossing it in the air to catch it.

He’d be so embarrassed to know I’m outing him for the dog he really is.

My favorite part of the toy is that if you squeeze his belly he screams, “Oh, nooooo!” in the way only Mr. Bill can. And if you squeeze his belly and throw him while he’s screaming...

... well, it’s hours of entertainment. Or at least minutes of entertainment.

For me. Not the dog. divider blue

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8.17.10

I have been on a desperate hunt to find any sort of food that might not irritate this annoying ulcer and allow me to keep it in my stomach for any length of time.

So far, these pretzels are my main staple. Manna from the heavens, I tell you.

divider blue

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8.18.10

Riley, as you can see, was much more interested when I tried making some chicken. Don’t get me wrong, he begs for some of my pretzel, too. But he sat and stayed on command for the chicken. He’s no dummy.

divider blue

Thursday, August 19, 2010

8.19.10

And because the one thing that actually settles my stomach is a Sonic lime slush, I splurged and bought myself a blender. This one also chops like a food processor so I’m hoping it will slice and dice all the things my hands no longer allow me to.

Now I just need the ingredients for the Sonic slush and I’m set. I am working with an inside contact in hopes of procuring the actual Sonic mix, but it’s like a top secret Alias spy mission so I can’t tell you any more than that or I’d have to kill you.

divider blue

Friday, August 20, 2010

8.20.10

But since this is my set up most days, sitting in bed with a computer and an iPad and trying not to throw up, I’m pretty sure you all are safe on the whole “I’d have to kill you” scenario. Unless I found a way to run you over with my walker.

Which, by the way, I am totally regretting naming George. I should have named it Texas Ranger.

Get it? Walker. Texas Ranger.

I know, I have way too much time on my hands. :)

divider blue

Saturday, August 21, 2010

8.21.10

Ok, all that boring stuff this week was leading up to my BIG Saturday!!!

Mom decided I needed a pick me up, and since it’s been over six years [Seriously. SIX YEARS] since I had a professional haircut, we had Susie’s stylist Sandy come to the house. I got a cut and a color, and I realized why they are called professionals.

Because they know what they’re doing.

And I don’t.

divider blue

Sunday, August 22, 2010

8.22.10

And here’s the final result.

Yes, people. I stood in front of the mirror for you and took a picture of my hair. And I am sure you can tell by the look on my face how phenomenally ridiculous I felt while doing it. But I had to give props to the woman who managed to take my pitiful hair and get a decent cut out of it. It’s about half as thick as it used to be as I’ve lost a lot of hair being so sick this past year, and she actually made it look like it has a little oomph.

Miracle worker, she is. And the fact that she colored my eyebrows to match my hair? Genius. She’s a keeper. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

 
blog comments powered by Disqus