Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 46

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, November 15, 2010

11.15.10

Did you know that Silly Bandz on paper is like the emoticon in an email?

I didn't either until I got this adorable letter in the mail from Nie Nie and Yodi. This is so something I would have come up with when I was little. Those sweet little chicks make my day on a regular basis.

divider blue

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11.16.10

This is Staff Sgt. Sal Giunta, receiving the medal of honor from President Obama. He's from Hiawatha, a small town not far from here, and it was so moving to watch him receive this honor.

I was trying to imagine what he must be feeling... the honor of the occasion, the memory of the soldiers he fought with in battle who died that fateful day, the men who he continued to serve with through his tour of duty, his wife and parents and family looking on.

If you look at his face, look into his eyes, you can see all those things wrapped up into a proud young man. It's breathtaking.

divider blue

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11.17.10

I will admit, I did a poor, poor job when giving Riley his last haircut. He has uneven spots all over the place. But you would never know that if I didn't have all my ceiling fans on high, constantly blowing his fur in every direction imaginable.

I think that poor dog believes we live in a wind tunnel. I should be more concerned about whether or not he's cold, but really I'm just annoyed I can't take a good photo without his hair looking all out of place. :)

divider blue

Thursday, November 18, 2010

11.18.10

I know I said I'd stop taking photos of the sky... but then I look out at the crazy mess of clouds and I can't help it.

This is the way it looks so often lately. Like it can't decide if it's going to clear off or storm or just be a cloudy day. It mixes all three together and chooses each moment on its whim.

divider blue

Friday, November 19, 2010

11.19.10

I'm a saver of sentimental things, which means I have stacks of cards from people I love. I've decided it's high time I find a way to organize them, so I was sitting in bed sifting through them when this one caught my eye.

Can you think of anything better in the world than getting a handmade card from your niece that says you're her BFF?

I didn't think so.

divider blue

Saturday, November 20, 2010

11.20.10

My friend Robin and I were talking on Twitter about how cold our houses were, when I admitted I was typing on my iPad in fingerless gloves.

It's true. It's that cold. I took a cheap pair of those stretchy gloves and cut the fingertips off, because God knows I won't give up being able to type! I have looked for a cute pair, but it's crazy how few gloves are made without wool. So I resorted to taking a scissors and improvising. :)

divider blue

Sunday, November 21, 2010

11.21.10

My sweet friend Gail gave me this adorable pumpkin to make my condo "fall festive." It's my only Thanksgiving decoration so it's prominently placed and I absolutely love it.

And as I'm typing this I'm panicking trying to remember if I sent her a thank you note.

Gail: In case I forgot, I am SO THANKFUL for you!!! Smile

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus