Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 18

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, May 2, 2011

5.2.11

The highlight of my day on Monday? Finding a word worth 57 points against my Uncle Jon! :) We play Words with Friends and I was getting antsy that he was beating me until "begin" got me ahead again.

Whew. Can't have Uncle Jon beating me. I'd never hear the end of it. :)

divider green

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5.3.11

In preparation for my move into the main room of the condo, I decided to get rid of the old player piano. My reason for keeping it: it was pretty. My reasons for getting rid of it? One, I no longer had room for it. Two, I had no idea how to play it the normal way. Three, I no longer have the strength in my ankles to pump the player piano feature.

So I called Dan the Piano Man, who loved tinkering with it when he came to tune it a few years back, and he came to give the piano a new home where it would actually, you know, be used. :)

divider green

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5.4.11

Look at that pitiful face.

I put Riley's "I have issues" t-shirt on for a reason. The main one being that he does, in fact, have issues. Poor guy has been more anxious and marking more lately. I say poor guy to keep my perspective so I don't kill him for such activities, and opted to call the vet for advice rather than take matters into my own hands. :)

He actually has had issues in the past with infections, so the vet thought he'd better see him to make sure nothing was wrong. Riley hasn't been to the vet, or away from my side for that matter, since 2006, so this was no small thing.

To say I was nervous for him was an understatement.

But when sweet Susie came to take him to the vet all dressed up in the "I have issues" t-shirt, Riley went like an old pro. I watched him through the window pee on every blade of grass he could find, then he jumped right up into her vehicle like it was the happiest day of his life.

I think he could have been a little more leery without me to make me feel better, but whatever. :)

divider green

Thursday, May 5, 2011

5.5.11

This is Riley the next day, happily relaxing in bed with me once again. As it should be. :)

The vet called and it turns out the tests showed it was all behavior and anxiety. So we're adjusting his antidepressants and I'm keeping my Bissell Pet Cleaner out and in use. I was without him for a grand total of one half hour the day before and I decided that it was the worst half hour ever. So I've resigned myself to loving my antidepressant-taking dog just the way he is. Even in those moments he pees in my house and I want to send him to the pound.

Because seriously, people. Look at that face. Couldn't you forgive him about anything?

divider green

Friday, May 6, 2011

5.6.11

Today you get a random photo of my kitchen towel because I am running out of things to take pictures of.

So, tell me. Is there anything around here you're curious about and would like to see? Let me know in the comment section and I'll oblige because we are quickly coming to a day when every day of Gitz Bits will be random shots of Riley the wonder dog…

divider green

Saturday, May 7, 2011

5.7.11

My alma mater, the University of Northern Iowa, had graduation ceremonies this past Saturday, and First Lady Michelle Obama was the commencement speaker.

Not bad for a little Iowa town, eh?

I was smarter this time than when the Dalai Lama was here and actually checked to see if it was being televised. It was, and she did a beautiful job speaking to the students… it was a great perspective on family and careers and following your heart.

divider green

Sunday, May 8, 2011

5.8.11

This picture was my best part of Sunday. My friend Shannon sent it to me from a greenhouse they were at and told me this species of butterfly in the middle of the flowers is called "Sara."

She said it stayed perfectly still, just like I do. :) And I loved that in some alternate universe sort of way, I was there with them while they picked out flowers on a lovely Sunday afternoon.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus