Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 20

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, May 16, 2011

5.16.11

My friend Jenny came on Monday to meet this big old truck that carried my new bed. :) She was such a huge help – I had to stay back in my bedroom with the door closed to reduce the risk of any sort of reactions and she handled everything for me.

The two men who brought in the bed and set it up were incredibly conscientious and took every precaution we asked them to and then some. When I came out to sign the papers they both said they hoped the bed was a blessing to me, and said, "May God bless you," before they left.

It's amazing how much that helped set the tone for me on an already happy day. 

divider green

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5.17.11

Don't you just want to eat her up? Dawn was here cleaning on Tuesday and her daughter stopped by so I could see Dawn's granddaughter, Jade, through the window. She is the sweetest, happiest little baby. Every time Dawn waved at her through the window she got the biggest smile on her face.

Made my whole day. :)

divider green

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5.18.11

This dish came last week from the lovely Lisa Leonard, and I love it. It was a fun surprise and the perfect place to keep my favorite necklace by her that has "by grace alone" stamped on it. I think that phrase sums up my life pretty perfectly. Because His grace definitely keeps me moving forward.

divider green

Thursday, May 19, 2011

5.19.11

This is his "Aren't I good?" face. And he's actually been earning it as he's been marking a lot less since we moved out here to the blue room.

It's no coincidence that the move coincided with the vet changing his dose of antidepressants. I'm just thrilled that it seems to be working!

divider green

Friday, May 20, 2011

5.20.11

I am always amazed at what a few rainy days can do for plants this time of year. The hosta have shot up like crazy, and that planter of flowers that was anonymously left for me on my birthday is turning out to have gorgeous colored flowers.

And lucky me, I actually get to see them now!

divider green

Saturday, May 21, 2011

5.21.11

As if the bed wasn't gift enough, another friend gave me a blu-ray player for my birthday. Which means I promptly put in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I really can't get over the difference the new player makes with this television.

It's almost like magic. :)

divider green

Sunday, May 22, 2011

5.22.11

I was laying in bed early Sunday morning, watching a cool looking lightening storm light up the sky and wishing I could take a photo of it to show you. Rather than get up [just call me lazy] I took a screenshot of my iPad app instead since it showed a little cloud of lightening in the center of it.

I use this app called Nightstand because it has great ocean sounds that I can put on a timer to help me fall asleep. And I love the background photo… I like to daydream about what it would be like to take a long walk, happen upon this scene and see what might be in that old shed, abandoned on a dirt road.

It's amazing the stories it lends me when I can't fall asleep.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus