Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 22

gitz bits 2011 2

I laughed when I downloaded the photos for Gitz Bits off of my camera this week. My nurse was here earlier today, looking at the chipmunks out my window, and I told her it was like the Garden of Eden without the naked people around here.

So, you'll notice this week that I've had fun with my new view, so we'll officially call this Gitz Bits the Week of the Animals…

divider green

Monday, May 30, 2011

5.30.1

I had the bird feeders up for a couple of days, and lo and behold I had three goldfinches hanging out on Monday. I've only had one goldfinch sighting since then, so I'm wondering if I need to get more of their food in the feeders or something. I loved looking out and seeing a splash of color.

divider green

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5.31.11

Even more entertaining than the birds are the chipmunks who have come to feed off of all the leftovers they drop out of the bird feeders.

Riley gets so overly excited that he can't even bark. He just hyperventilates as he tries to claw his way through the windows.

And the chipmunk {this one's name is Simon} just stands there and stares at him. I know in his head that Simon is thinking, "Sucker…"

divider green

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6.1.11

This is Simon's little friend, Theodore. He's obviously the chunkier one of the two. Simon was here by himself for a few days before he spilled the secrets of free food to his friend.

They pretty much live in my hosta now and run around and play when they feel like it. They have been thoroughly entertaining… except when they jump in my flower pot when they are chasing each other. But I figure it's a small price to pay for my own personal Wild Kingdom show.

divider green

Thursday, June 2, 2011

6.2.11

I'm enjoying the side show, but Riley still knows who the favorite is. Which is obvious as he's tucked under the covers with his head on a pillow.

divider green

Friday, June 3, 2011

6.3.11

Ok. This is when Wild Kingdom went too far. I looked out the window on Friday and about had a heart attack as this Mama raccoon walked across the parking lot like she owned the place. These three little babies were following behind like little ducklings follow their Mama.

BIZARRE.

The Mama circled back when she realized the fourth one was missing, so the parade went by a little later with all of them in tow. I didn't take a picture the second time, however, because right after this one was shot and the flash went off, the raccoon stopped, stared right at me and gave me a look.

Trust me, I will not mess with her again.

divider green

Saturday, June 4, 2011

6.4.11

On Saturday we received a box of Riley's meds from 1-800-petmeds.com. If you have a pet that needs meds, I so recommend them – you will save a fortune!

And Riley recommends them because they always send along a big old bone for him, and it's about five time bigger than the treats I usually give him. Which explains why he sits and stares at it like this for a good five minutes, whispering sweet nothings into its ear, before he devours it.

divider green

Sunday, June 5, 2011

6.5.11

And finally, here are Simon and Theodore, together. I'm thinking they chewed on a weed or something that had caffeine in it because they were chasing each other around like they were on speed this day.

I could get used to this whole Wild Kingdom in the Garden of Eden thing. :)

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus